Who Will Take the Crown?

Predictions on which team has a shot at winning the college basketball March Madness tournament

Riley Green, Writer

As we approach the Sweet 16 of this year’s March Madness tournament, the list of hopeful teams hoping to take home the championship is shrinking. Will it be a powerhouse 1-seed or a Cinderella 12-seed? Here are the top 3 teams that have a shot to win it all.

1. #3 seed LSU-This team has the potential to knock out any team in this tournament. After a game in the round of 64, that many thought might’ve ended with the biggest upset of the tournament (so far), LSU pulled off a big win over a very solid Maryland team. Now LSU looks to play Michigan State, who’s had a very easy schedule in this year’s tournament. If they can surpass the Spartans, they will be able to pass any other team.

1. #2 seed Tennessee-Tennessee has fought in close games in both of their 2 games as of the Sweet 16. They aren’t going into their final few games expecting blowouts, and they’re used to (and comfortable with) the close game “crunch time” scenarios. If the Volunteers can keep their games close I believe they have a good shot at winning it all due to their experience of playing in close games in this year’s tournament.

1. #1 seed Duke-Who would’ve thought Duke would be at the top of this list, not like they’re the favorites to win the tournament. But why wouldn’t they be? They have 2 players that are projected to go top 5 in the draft, another player projected to go top 10, and one more projected to go late first round. They have talent. Although they survived a close one to UCF after the Knights missed a game-winning layup. But Zion is playing out of his mind, averaging 28 points per game, and R.J Barrett is averaging 21. If these two freshmen keep playing at this level Duke should remain a favorite to win it all.

These predictions are only predictions, this is March Madness. Anything can happen.