October Clubs Recap

Students bring in traditional French foods to celebrate the first club meeting of French Club. Photo Credits: Brooke Kelly

Emma Glanz, Staff Reporter

Club meetings resumed at Valley in October. Currently, there are 42 clubs and counting for this year. However, most clubs are run by the students, which gives them an opportunity to lead and educate their fellow classmates. Teachers can also act as sponsors to assist students with management.

French Club is one of the upcoming clubs being offered this year. Sophomore Holly Dunn and juniors Scarlet Fetterolf and Alex Chinn are all on the leadership board. French Club meets every B rotation on Fridays in room 125.

“Our club dives into the many aspects of French and Francophone culture,” Chinn said. “We will have French games, movies, and lots of French treats.”

Club members learn about history and language as well. 

“We do fun informational activities and enjoy authentic French foods,” Dunn said. 

Fluency in French isn’t required to join the club.

“Anyone with a love for French culture can be a part of our club,” Fetterolf said. “French Club is not only learning about French culture, but connecting with fellow classmates and having fun, too. If you like watching movies and enjoying delicious treats with friends by your side, the French Club is the place for you.” 

Senior Rebecca Grossi helps lead the Young Democrats Club, which meets every C rotation. 

“Young Democrats focus on discussing current events and campaigning for local democrats,” Grossi said.  

She noted that what stands out the most is welcoming the students’ ideas by having open discussions.

“Anyone who has an interest in either the Democratic party itself, or just who feels like getting more involved in their local community of Democratic politics, this club is for you,” Grossi said. “It focuses on local involvement in the community and is a great way to meet new people interested in similar politics as you.”