The Student News Site of Loudoun Valley High School
Photo by Isla Williams

Photo by Isla Williams

Help from school: Isla Williams

Graduated senior Isla Williams started early, working hard to prepare her college applications. 

I’ve been looking at colleges since junior year and did tours all throughout the year during breaks,” Williams said. 

After visiting many schools, she decided on The University of Mary Washington and applied through early decision. 

“I loved Mary Washington, it seemed perfect for me,” Williams said. “Perfect size, perfect population, perfect location, and perfect connectivity.”

Williams described her college application process, from college tours to essays, as long.

“I was wondering when it would end,” Williams said. “It felt very far away and like it’d never be over.” 

With self-discipline and dedication, Williams was able to complete her application process over the course of a month. 

“I honestly sat down and got it done. I decided that I needed it out of my mind, so I powered through and finished it,” she said. 

Not only was Williams driven when it came to completing her applications, but she had support from her English teacher, Shea Perry. Through assignments and peer reviews, she was able to create her best version of her applications and essays. 

Through the help she received and her dedication, Williams is a prime  example of someone who was successful in balancing the college application process. 

“Set aside some time and knock it out so it doesn’t nag you,” she says to underclassmen. “Just get it done.”

The Viking • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Viking
$525
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal