Happy Creek Restaurant: Review

Back to Article
Back to Article

Happy Creek Restaurant: Review

Jennings Felt and Katherine Curtis, Staff Reporters

Are you in need of a place where you can study in peace? A place to grab breakfast on your way to school? Look no further than Happy Creek Coffee & Tea in Purcellville, VA. This cozy cafe offers a quiet place for students to work while also offering an assortment of drinks and baked goods.

When you walk into Happy Creek, you are greeted by the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and homemade pastries. The windows covering the walls of the seating area and the natural wood of the tables create a cozy and bright place to get work done, or just enjoy a nice breakfast with your friends.

If you can’t eat gluten then you are in luck. One unique feature of this coffee house is that everything on the menu is gluten free. They offer a variety of pastries, including blueberry muffins, sugar cookies, almond biscottis, and many other baked goods.

For breakfast, you can match your pastry with a breakfast panini. You can get just egg on your panini, or you can add bacon or ham. Yet another unique aspect of Happy Creek s that the paninis are served on gluten-free waffles. Yes, we were skeptical at first. But the waffles aren’t sugary, so they taste delicious with the egg.

Another breakfast option at Happy Creek is their yogurt bar. You get a base of greek yogurt and as toppings such as fresh fruit and granola.

For breakfast, we ordered two eggs with cheese breakfast paninis and got ham on one of them. Each breakfast panini is served hot with melty cheese, mouthwatering flavors and it comes with salsa on the side. Again, when the sandwich came out with salsa, we were confused. But then we tried it and wondered why we had never tried an egg sandwich with salsa before.

To drink, we tried a smoothie and their traditional hot chocolate. When ordering a smoothie there are several combinations to choose from. First, they offer different fruits such as banana, blueberry, mango, pineapple and strawberry. You can choose one or two of them to add to your smoothie. Then you can choose from different bases: milk, cashew milk, orange juice and apple juice. We ordered a strawberry smoothie with a cashew milk base. It was bursting with flavor and had a perfect consistency: not too thick that it is hard to get up the straw, but not too runny that t is more of a juice.

The hot chocolate was also delicious. Although it was very hot when the barista first gave it to us, it quickly cooled to the perfect temperature. It was perfectly creamy and had a rich chocolate taste. Our only complaint is that we ordered too small a size!

While this eatery is mostly known for its drinks and breakfast foods, they also serve soups and have a salad bar, making this not only the perfect place to get breakfast but also the perfect place to get lunch.

The food and drinks are reasonably priced. In most places, it is typical to find that gluten-free options are more expensive. However, we found that the prices matched those of other small coffee shops.

Happy Creek is the perfect place for students looking for a quiet and calm place to study. Being so close to Valley, Happy Creek is in the ideal location for students to grab some breakfast on their way to school. We thoroughly recommend Happy Creek to all high school students.