Varsity Football News Brief

Marisa Del Borrello, Staff Reporter

There are many athletic programs at Loudoun Valley. One of the most popular ones is the football team, more specifically the Varsity football team. The Varsity team always gathers a large student section at home and away games, with good themes in the jungle and excited students. One of the starters for the team is Matt Hessler. His position is cornerback, which is another defensive player who defends the quarterback. 

“This is actually my seventh year playing football, which is awesome.” Some of the activities that they do at practices include dressing up for Halloween, practicing in their costumes and inviting people to come and watch. 

“The Halloween practice is my favorite practice, It’s fun to see everyone and all of the different costumes,” said Hessler. To many football players, including Hessler, football is more than just a sport.

“It feels like I have brothers and it’s a special feeling to play this game with your brothers.” To the team, it’s really important to work as a unit and make sure that everything goes according to plan.

“If you’re not on the same page as your team, you won’t win.” To most of the players, it’s important to work as one and for everyone to do their part correctly so they can be successful. 

“I play for the brotherhood and the teamwork that comes with the sport.”