The Student News Site of Loudoun Valley High School

The Viking

UPDATES

The Viking

The Viking

FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM

Which do you prefer?

To watch the full video, click the link in our bio!

By Kenzie Farrey, Kate Miller, and Megan Fennelly
...

Music honors society Tri-M held a benefit concert on April 16 for senior Ginny Hooper, who was diagnosed with stage IV metastatic adrenocortical cancer earlier this school year.

Read more about this event at the link in our bio.

By Ash Woerner | Editor
Image from @lvhstri_m
...

Robitussin Recalls Cough Syrups Over Health Concerns

Ash Woerner

At the peak of the cold and flu season, Haleon, a multinational consumer healthcare company, recalled two Robitussin cough syrups on Jan. 24 due to microbial contamination. Some products containing honey may be contaminated and cause a serious risk for those with weakened immune systems. 

Robitussin Honey CF Max Day Adult and Robitussin Honey CF Max Nighttime Adult have been recalled due to the dangerously high levels of yeast, a natural component of honey. 

The affected products could have severe adverse effects such as fungemia. This is the presence of fungi or yeast in the blood and could cause severe fungal infections that are potentially dangerous for people with weakened immune systems. 

Several million people in the U.S. have conditions that impair the immune system’s ability to fight off infections, including organ translation recipients and those with HIV.

There have been no reports of adverse reactions thus far, but the company is urging distributors and customers to return the recalled products.

Robitussin Recalls Cough Syrups Over Health Concerns Infographic

Donate to The Viking
$525
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Loudoun Valley High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting and publishing costs.