The Student News Site of Loudoun Valley High School

The Viking

UPDATES

The Viking

The Viking

Poll

Which AP class is the most difficult?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM

As GenAI (or generative artificial intelligence) is continuing to expand to encompass all creative and factual horizons, students today have the world’s knowledge at their fingertips — and then some. We were the guinea pigs for the iPhone, and now our generation are the experimental subjects for artificial intelligence.

Read this debate between Avery Ramsey and Claire O`Connor at the link in our bio!

By Avery Ramsey and Claire O`Connor | Staff Reporters
Photo by Claire O`Connor
...

Which do you prefer?

To watch the full video, click the link in our bio!

By Kenzie Farrey, Kate Miller, and Megan Fennelly
...

Robitussin Recalls Cough Syrups Over Health Concerns

Ash Woerner

At the peak of the cold and flu season, Haleon, a multinational consumer healthcare company, recalled two Robitussin cough syrups on Jan. 24 due to microbial contamination. Some products containing honey may be contaminated and cause a serious risk for those with weakened immune systems. 

Robitussin Honey CF Max Day Adult and Robitussin Honey CF Max Nighttime Adult have been recalled due to the dangerously high levels of yeast, a natural component of honey. 

The affected products could have severe adverse effects such as fungemia. This is the presence of fungi or yeast in the blood and could cause severe fungal infections that are potentially dangerous for people with weakened immune systems. 

Several million people in the U.S. have conditions that impair the immune system’s ability to fight off infections, including organ translation recipients and those with HIV.

There have been no reports of adverse reactions thus far, but the company is urging distributors and customers to return the recalled products.

Robitussin Recalls Cough Syrups Over Health Concerns Infographic

Donate to The Viking
$525
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Loudoun Valley High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting and publishing costs.